Jakob is 1 month old!

July 26, 2011
One month has already gone by since Jakob arrived and it's been a complete whirlwind every day. He is a chubby little thing now and it seems like all he does is eat! He is hungry every 2 hours on the dot! I was a little worried that he wasn't getting enough milk but he is packing on the weight and his diapers are always overflowing so I guess he's fine. He's just growing a lot! You can really tell in his face...it is super chubby! I love his little cheeks and he gets tons of kisses on them!

He has been spending more time playing on his crib gym and his bouncer which now has the toy bar attached. He loves the mobile in his crib and has (sort of) figured out the batting thing. It's just so different this time around since I'm always distracted by something Noah is getting into. I just don't have the focus or time to watch every little thing Jakob does or plan out his day like I did with Noah. We just kind of go with it and if I think of something (like the crib gym) then I'll put him in it but for the most part we are just all over the place. I hope he learns how to pick things up on his own because that's probably how it's going to be. Maybe I should make up a better schedule of things for both of them to do so they are getting some kind of good structured time of learning in each day. Right now I just feel like we are just trying to keep everyone fed, clean, and trying to get them to sleep!

Now for a horrible/hilarious story about Noah and Jakob:

I haven't told anyone this except for Matt so if you haven't heard you aren't the only one. He told me I shouldn't tell anyone else because it would embarrass Noah too much but I can't help it. It was the craziest thing I have ever experienced with kids (including the "Noah throwing up in the middle of the crowded restaurant ordeal"). So, Noah really loves to go whenever Jakob is so he always wants to go with me to change Jakob's diaper. He was sitting on the changing table with Jakob as usual helping me change him. Just for visual help Noah was sitting at my right hand side and Jakob's head was at my left hand side so Jakob's rear end was facing Noah. We were cleaning him up and were almost done. I had the new diaper in my hand to put it on and Noah grabbed the diaper rash creme and said "medicine?" That's what we call it. So I moved the diaper and put some "medicine" on Jakob just to make Noah happy. Once I was done with that I started to put the diaper back on. Jakob then started to poop a little bit (no big deal that happens all the time) so I reached over to grab another wipe to clean him up before the new diaper went on. That was when all hell broke loose...literally. I'm still not even sure how it was physically possible but at that exact time Jakob decided to projectile poop like it was shot out of a cannon. A huge stream of poop shot across the room (or would have if Noah's face wouldn't have been in the way). It hit Noah square in the right eye, covered his face, his shirt, and his shorts, oh, and the wall. I was in complete shock! Poor Noah was too! He immediately started gagging so I grabbed whatever I could find and tried to clean up his face. I would give anything to have a picture of it but I couldn't leave him like that. I mean, his entire face was covered with runny yellow baby poop. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't even see Noah through the tears! He so didn't understand what was funny at all! Noah was not laughing! I finally pulled myself together enough to throw Noah in the bathtub and wrap Jakob in a towel while Noah took a bath. Only two words can describe this incident...COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!! It will be a fun one to tell a future girlfriend...

Jakob - one month old!

Mommy and Jakob hanging out outside while Noah played the one day it was nice enough to go out.

Brothers holding hands...I love their chubby little hands



This is pretty typically...Noah with the Ipod and Jakob in some weird and completely unsafe place asleep


Noah at breakfast...the trucks traveled from the bed to the kitchen as usual. At least the airplane can double as a drink holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment