3 Weeks Old

July 17, 2011
Jakob finally got his pictures taken on his 3 week birthday! More to come!

Well, I have survived 3 full weeks of having two little ones at home. Honestly, it really hasn't been all that hard. I think that the transition from having no kids to 1 kid is WAY harder than going from 1 to 2. The first one is kind of a shock to the system but you pretty much have it down when the second one comes along. Everything has been much easier this time around and I'm enjoy having a little baby much more than I did with Noah. Not that I didn't enjoy Noah, I was just really stressed about every little thing with him. With Jakob, I feel much more relaxed.

Jakob is still a very easy baby. He's not sleeping as much as he was the first couple of weeks but he's not doing too bad. He'll go for about 4 1/2 hours at night between feedings but once 4:00 am hits he gets cranky and uncomfortable so he doesn't sleep much between 4 and 8. It's been a little exhausting but thankfully Noah has decided to start sleeping until at least 9:30 every morning which is a complete life saver for me. He even slept until 11:30 one day last week!! That is SO not Noah! I'm not sure what the deal is but I'm very thankful! Some of Jakob's favorite things to do right now are listening to Mommy talk to him, cuddle with Mommy or Daddy (he is a cuddler unlike Noah), get in his crib and watch his mobile, and watch his brother play. He finally lost his umbilical cord this week and his circumcision is completely healed. He is definitely getting bigger and chubbier but I don't know about his weight right now. I'm sure he is probably over 9 lbs and will be out of his newborn clothes very quickly. He's a little bigger than Noah was at this age, however, the older he gets, the more he looks like Noah did as a baby.

Noah is doing great as well. Like I said, he is sleeping fabulously. Also, his eating is starting to improve a little bit. He still gets into trouble at mealtime a lot but he is slowly getting better. He is getting more particular though. If he doesn't like something, he says "Yuck! Poo Poo!" and completely refuses to eat it. He also has a new, completely out-of-control, obsession with trucks, cars, buses, and pretty much anything else motorized. The big one is trucks. Everytime we get in the car all I hear is "Big trucks!" "More trucks! "Where's the big trucks?!". Also, he wants to watch the "big trucks" on YouTube all the time. That's what he does when I feed Jakob. He sits at my feet on the recliner and watches all of the truck videos that we can find. His favorite right now are the trash trucks. He also has several little trucks, buses, and planes that he carries around with him everywhere he goes. They eat with him, sleep with him, and even take baths with him. He's never been one to fixate on a particular toy so I think that it's really cute!

Noah in the bath with his trucks
Holding his baby brother (this was HIGHLY supervised but Noah did great!)

Jakob STILL getting some sun --- the jaundice is still hanging around a little. Hopefully it will be gone soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment