My Little Butterball

August 8, 2011

We made our first trip out to Sayre this weekend with two kiddos in honor of Jakob turning 6 weeks old (we actually had a wedding shower to attend but still...) It was Jakob's first time at "Papa's House", as Noah likes to say, and we had a lot of fun. Noah told Jakob all about Papa's house on the way there so Jakob was really excited to see the hay, tractors, big trucks, and wind mills. Noah was beside himself the entire way out there and was very glad to be back in the country. He is definitely a country boy! He LOVES all of the farm equipment and hay (of course). We didn't get to do too much outside since it was so hot most of the time but it did actually rain a little on Sunday so we took Noah over to the park at Elk City to see some windmills and old farm equipment. He was very excited!

Jakob is turning out to be quite the chubby baby! He still eats constantly (I'm hoping this is a good sign and will eat good when he's Noah's age), and he is packing on the pounds. I'm guessing he's around 11 to 12 pounds now. He is completely out of anything newborn sized and wears mostly 3 months size in everything. He has fat rolls everywhere and is very squishy and loves to cuddle with me! I love having such a sweet little baby in the house! He can now hold his head up perfectly (he's been holding his head up on his own for awhile now - pretty much since the day he was born) so now I don't have to worry about his little head. He has also started cooing at me and smiling a lot. He loves it when someone talks to him and he just smiles the biggest smile I've ever seen! So sweet! I don't have any really good smiling pictures yet but I'll get some soon!

Noah is becoming quite the chatter box lately and does nothing but talk ALL DAY! His vocabulary is improving daily and he now can say pretty much anything and I can understand him. When he gets really excited, he starts just yelling out random words that he knows really fast whether they make sense or not. It's funny! This is how it goes, "BIG TRUCKS, FIRE TRUCK, TRASH TRUCK, HAY, PAPA, PAPA's HOUSE, MAMA, DADDY, DADDY WORK, BABY, HAY, WINDMILLS, HAY, etc..." You get the jist...

House is my favorite word that he says right now. He pronounces things really slowly and enunciates everything! I can't really type out how he says house but it kind of like this: Hooooooowwwww (pause) se. He says it very deep and slow. It is hilarious! And he growls when he says Big Trucks so it's really loud and rough sounding. I don't know where he gets this stuff but it's very entertaining for me!

One funny story then I'm done:

Yesterday I met Kathy and we went for a walk with the boys since it was nice outside. Noah didn't have anything to drink so he started asking for some water. We decided just to walk by my house to grab him some real fast since we were in the neighborhood. Noah had the garage door opener and he pushed the button to raise the door when we got there (as usual). He wanted to go inside with me so I let him get out of the stroller. I wasn't really paying attention to what he was doing at that point. We went in and got the water then came back out. I strapped him back in the stroller and started to shut the garage door but realized I didn't have the opener. I knew Noah had it last so I asked him where it was but I was walking around looking at the same time and not really paying attention to what he was saying. I went inside to look and it wasn't there. I came back out and Kathy said he was yelling "Car!". So, I let him back out of the stroller and said, "Noah, show Mommy where the garage door opener is." He walked straight to the back of the 4runner and pulled it out of the exhaust pipe. Awesome! How did he manage that in the 5 seconds that I wasn't watching him?? At least he knew where to find it...I never would have.

Noah and Jakob playing in the crib
Daddy giving Jakob an airplane ride
Sort of a smile...
Hanging out at the wedding shower with Mommy

Noah and Carter playing basketball in the gym at the church

Papa's House!
Noah was in heaven playing with this huge stack of hay
Gotta love mud puddles!
Sitting on the hay bails...until we saw the skunk! Then we ran back to the house...Noah thought it was fun!
Fun pictures from the Elk City park





Jakob sitting in the bumbo for the first time at 6 weeks! I'm so proud!

1 comment: