2 Weeks Old

July 11, 2011
Jakob is already 2 weeks old now and is still doing absolutely great! We went to his 2 week check up on the 11th and he is already up to 8lbs 2oz. I seriously thought that they weighed him wrong because he gain 1 full pound in a week! He is a BIG eater and nurses about every 2 hours at this point. He is just always hungry! I guess I know why now...he was doing a lot of growing! He still has a little jaundice so we are having to keep him in the sunlight as much as possible still. It makes it a little bit hard to go anywhere or to function while we are at home because Jakob has to be in the sun. Moving him around a lot just isn't an option right now. Plus he's not loving just sitting in his bouncer all day. Poor baby! I wish this stuff would just go away!

Noah is becoming more and more interested in Jakob. He still won't say his name though and just calls him "baby". He loves to tell the baby Hi and rock him in the bouncer and try to climb all over him to give him lots of hugs and kisses. It's a full time job just trying to keep Noah off of him. However, on the flip side, Noah is getting more jealous of him too. He loves to sit in the chair with us while I nurse Jakob but he wants me to keep my arm around him too. If I move it, I can pretty much count on Noah having a complete breakdown. He also wants me to follow him around everywhere! He'll point at Jakob (or try to pick him up) and then run over to the bouncer or swing and say "baby sit". I'll say "Do you want me to put the baby down and play with you?" He says "YES! Come on!" This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME that I try to pick Jakob up or sit down and feed him. I'm really trying to make a big effort to spend as much time alone with Noah as I can so he doesn't feel too left out. He is just so used to having all of my attention all of the time so this is a BIG adjustment for him. I am very proud of him though because his behavior really isn't too bad (I expected much worse!). He is slowly learning how to sit still while I feed Jakob or just go back to his room and play while we are busy. He is such a good, sweet little boy! He loves his brother SO much!

Noah loves to put Jakob in bed with him!
Jakob's first bath at home! He wasn't a fan but he did great!

All clean -- FINALLY! We couldn't give him a bath until he was finished with the lightbox.
Yes, Noah's head really is that huge compared to Jakob's!
Aunt B and the boys!
Noah decorated his face with a combination of several shades of eye shadow and a lot of baby powder!

Gettin some sun...
Hanging out with Daddy
Sweet brothers!
Noah entertaining himself by watching Overboard while sitting in his car...
Baby Jakob - 2 weeks old

He stuck his foot up in the air and left it there forever! It was too funny...I couldn't resist getting some shots of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment