1 Week Old

July 4, 2011

Jakob's first week at home was both great and hard. He is actually doing really great and is a very easy baby. He eats great and he sleeps pretty much all the time, including the nighttime, which is nice for me. He is very very sweet and hardly ever cries. He does have a great set of lungs on him though so when he does cry you can hear him a mile away. Guess it's a really good thing that he doesn't use them much yet. When he gets to Noah's age and starts screaming all the time like Noah does it will be interesting... But, for now, Jakob is just the BEST baby in the world (and the sweetest). We are so blessed to have such a beautiful and sweet little boy!

He finally got out of the lightbox on July 3 (which made the week a little hard). He was in it for 3 days and he still has a little jaundiced look to him. We are praying that it will fully go away soon. He is still spending most of his time in the bouncer by the window to get as much sunlight as possible. Other than that he is perfect!

Noah absolutely adores him and loves to hug and kiss on him as much as I will let him. He does get pretty rough though so I have to watch him very carefully. He really likes to play with his hands and feet and pretend that Jakob is waving hi to him. Noah also loves to sit on the changing table while I change Jakob's diaper. He gets really excited when I get up from feeding him and starts running around yelling, "YEA POO-POO" over and over. He will even try to get the diaper and wipes out and clean Jakob up himself. I don't really let him do it but it's funny to see him try.

It actually hasn't been near as hard as I thought it would be to have two little ones. Noah is still pretty much the same and our routine hasn't changed much. He may have to wait a little longer for meals sometimes or sit in his room after he wakes up for a little longer than usual but nothing too major. Jakob just eats and sleeps at this point so taking care of him is a breeze. I'm really enjoying having both of them and I'm not losing my mind like I thought I would be. I LOVE seeing the two of them together and I know watching them play together as they get older will be one of my favorite things to do!

Noah messing with Jakob while I tried to take their pictures: first it was his arms...
then the buckle...
then flipping the vibrating switch on and off...
and finally his feet...at that point I gave up and moved Jakob away.

We celebrated Kelsey's birthday on the 3rd and it was Jakob's first little outing out of the house. We went to Kelsey and Cody's house for a cookout. We had a good time but I spent most of it either feeding Jakob or getting onto Noah for hitting and throwing things. It's not really the same trying to hang out with everyone when you have two kids to take care of...

Jakob hanging out with Grandma at the party
Noah playing with Aunt B

He loves his popsicles!
Birthday girl!

For July 4th we just stayed at home with the boys. Noah wasn't too fond of the fireworks this year so he went to bed before they started and Jakob spent the evening sleeping in the swing. It was kind of nice though. Matt and I just hung out and went out in the backyard to watch the fireworks while they slept. Not too exciting but perfect!

Jakob loves to sleep in his swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment