Going Home / First Days At Home

July 1, 2011

Jakob got to come home from the hospital on Tuesday, June 28. He did great in the hospital and it was nice having someone bring me meals and take the baby at night so I could sleep but we were very ready to get home with him. He was a little bit jaundiced in the hospital so his dr wanted to see him the next day to check his levels plus Noah was due for his 2 year check up so we loaded up the kiddos on Wednesday to take them both in.

Noah is growing and doing great! He is now 35" tall and weighs 29.5 lbs. He is in the 95% for his height (which we knew was going to happen eventually) and the 85% for weight. He's a big boy even though he still looks pretty trim, and he never eats anything. I have no idea how the kid grows but he is! He had to get one shot this time which wasn't too bad. He had a sucker crammed in his mouth and sort of flinched a little but by the time he realized something was going on it was over. He didn't shed one tear!

Jakob weighed 6 lbs 13 oz. He is in the 25% across the board which they said was good so he is very proportionate. His jaundice level was at 14 so it's still high. We were sent home and told to keep him in the sunlight. We also had to schedule another appointment for the next day to check them again. When we went back the next day, his level was 17 so it was back into the lights for us. De ja vu...click here to see Noah's jaudice post!

Now Jakob in spending all his time in the lights to get his jaundice under control and Noah was sent home with Grandma for a few days. The lights really aren't so bad but it is hard at night since he has to be watched 24/7 while he's in the lightbox. Not that I was getting much sleep to begin with but it's worse now.

However, this time around I feel great! I'm not really sore at all and I pretty much feel like myself already. I'm a little tired but I don't feel completely out of it like I did with Noah. I guess I'm pretty used to not sleeping much at this point. Honestly, I feel a ton better now than I did the last week I was pregnant. I'm very thankful to have had such an easy delivery and recovery process. It just made things so much easier and enjoyable. So far, Jakob has been a breeze, I'm feeling great, Noah is a handful but I've had a little break since he's with Grandma so I'm very happy with how things are going. We are enjoying having Jakob at home SO much!!! He is just the sweetest baby in the entire world and all I want to do is just hold him. I am so thankful to have him in my life!

Getting ready to go home!




They both passed out almost immediately once the car started moving! So cute!

Welcome Home Jakob!

Grandma and the boys...


Noah being a stinker at the Dr office
Jakob being a perfect baby while waiting for the Dr
and Noah going nuts and pushing Aunt B around in the carseat


Trying to get rid of the jaundice...hanging out in the lightbox





No comments:

Post a Comment