This time around...

June 15, 2011

I've been wanting to devote a blog totally to this pregnancy and what it's been like because I know that here in a few weeks things are going to get really crazy then I won't be able to remember anything that happened, so here goes:

At this point I am exactly 37 weeks and 3 days along. With just over 2 weeks officially left in this pregnancy, I am started to get a little sentimental about it. This one will probably be my last (never say never but we have no plans for more at this point), so I'm a little sad that it's almost over. Not that I will really mind not being pregnant anymore, but I love feeling the baby move and I'll miss that. And it also means that he is almost here and will start growing up so fast that I won't even be able to believe it. I already can't believe that he is almost here. Why does everything have to go by so quickly??

I didn't really have any expectations this time around since I've never been pregnant and had a toddler to take care of, but it was a bit of a challenge. Especially in the beginning when I didn't feel good and now when I'm so big that I can't do much with Noah. But, I think that this one was even more exciting for me since I have Noah now and I know how much fun we are going to have with Jakob, especially watching him and Noah play together. Plus I haven't been NEAR as crazy with this one and was able to just relax and enjoy it a little more. For some reason, with Noah, I worried so much about everything and this time I've really tried not to do that. There are still things that you think about, and you pray for a healthy baby and problem free pregnancy (which we have had so far thankfully) but I've been able to not dwell on it so much this time. Probably because I just don't have the time for that like with Noah.

We are so glad that we are having another little boy and couldn't be happier about that. We love having boys and Matt and I both just have so much fun with Noah that I know Jakob will just add so much more joy to our lives. I think that before I found out what we were having I may have sort of wanted a girl just to get to experience both sides, but I'm really thankful now that it's a boy. It just fits us better and I know Noah will LOVE having a little brother.

This pregnancy has been freakishly similar to the first time. Nothing has been different at all, except that everything is exactly one month later than with Noah. I was sick for exactly the same amount of time, I felt great for the same amount of time, and now I'm extremely uncomfortable all of the time because his head is SO low (which is exactly how Noah was). The only big difference is that I was bigger this time. I actually haven't gained as much weight (close but a little less) but my stomach is so huge! I even got my first stretch mark right on top of my belly button. I was hoping to make it without them but oh well! It will always remind me of Jakob! I have also had worse heart burn this time, more swollen feet, and less stomach side stretching pain (which means I can actually sleep without 10 pillows). I contribute the first two to chasing Noah around all day and not eating as good as I did with Noah. I contribute the last one to having absolutely NO stomach muscles anymore...getting those back is high on my list of to-do's once I have the baby.

Everything else is pretty much ready for Jakob once he gets here. We are stocked up on diapers, monitors, strollers, wipes, gas drops, and clothes. I just need to wash everything again and dig out the ole' breast pump. I haven't really missed that thing but I'm kind of excited about starting that process again since I actually know what I'm doing this time.

So, anyway, we are really ready to meet him and see who he looks like. I had my first weekly appointment this week and I'm already dilated to a 2, 90% effaced, and the baby's head is at plus one station. For those of you who have no idea what any of that means, it means that basically I could go at anytime. The baby is very very low and in a great position for coming out soon! I also asked the doctor what she thought about his size since his heart rate has been a little lower than Noah's was at this point (around 120-130) and I'm so huge (I was kind of thinking that I had an 8 to 10 pounder in there) but she said he was still pretty small, around 6 to 7 pounds. She thought he may get up to 8 by the time he's born but he will probably be around the same size as Noah was when he was born (7 pounds 6 oz).

We will keep you posted! Keep us in your prayers for a healthy baby and problem free labor!

35 weeks pregnant (ignore the crap all over me -- Kelsey and I were in the middle of baking a cake)
35 weeks and just spent two sleepless days making a HUGE wedding cake and grooms cake
37 weeks and about to suffocate at Noah's birthday party! I was literally drenched in sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment