Noah at 2

June 23, 2011

Well, this will probably be my last blog totally devoted to Noah. After this I won't be able to be obsessed with him alone anymore, which is probably a good thing for him. We are very ready for Jakob to get here but I will miss all the time I get with Noah now. I hope he doesn't have too hard of a time adjusting. Right now, he is having a bit of a sleeping issue. He refuses to lay down in his room without either Matt or I laying next to him. He's also been waking up every night starting at about 4 or 5 crying so I have to go lay down with him again until he falls back asleep. Then we do that about every hour until he's ready for the day around 7. It's pretty exhausting and I'd REALLY like to be able to get some sleep before the baby gets here but that may not happen. I'm not sure what the deal is, just a weird attachment phase I guess. Maybe he senses that things are about to change so he's getting extra clingy. Who knows? I just hope it stops once we have the baby. Dealing with two crying kids in the middle of the night doesn't really sound like fun...

Anyway, aside from that he is doing really great! He talks up a storm about anything and everything. There's still a lot that I can't understand and he gets really frustrated with me when I don't know what he's telling me but he doesn't mind repeating it over and over and over until I finally get it. He just never gives up! He's always been that way with everything and now it's carried over to the talking. He fixates on something and doesn't let it go until I give him what he wants or he finally gets into trouble because it's usually followed by a fit. BUT, I'm really proud of his improvement in the talking area. Some of his favorite things to say right now are, "Where's Daddy?" or "Where's (insert any random thing here)?" If something pops into his head, he wants to know where it is immediately. He loves hay and cows so if he sees hay in a field he always points it out to me. Then follows with a "where's the moos (his word for cows)?" He still loves buses, trains, cars, trucks, and planes. His favorite thing to do while we drive is to name them all as he sees them. He got a couple of buses for his birthday and he drags them around with him everywhere he goes. He also got a cool slide (which is currently in our living room since it's too hot for me outside) which he LOVES! He's on it constantly and loves rolling the buses down it. He can also name most of the shapes he sees and his favorite are stars, circles, ovals, and triangles. He usually gets those right. He is also getting more interested in books and kind of likes to sit down and read a few at night. He will go through the book himself and "read" it. He likes to jabber at the words, then he points to all of the pictures and tells me what they are. He can also now recognize his name when he sees it. If we are in his room, I can point to his name on the wall and say "What does that say" and he says "NOAH!" He gets very excited about it.

We have also been trying to get him together with his little friend from Mother's Day Out since he's not going for the summer and I know he gets restless in the house with me all day. She came to his party and we've hung out with them at Chick Fil A a couple of times. They really play well together so it's fun to watch them. He's a little rough though and spends most of the time hugging/tackling her so she's learned to push him away if it's too much. I always knew he was all boy but seeing him play with a girl really makes it obvious how much different they are. He is bigger, louder, braver, crazier, and rougher. She's pretty good about hanging in there with him but mostly she just likes to laugh at him and watch him go nuts.

So that's about it. No more just the two of us...but we can't wait to meet Jakob!!

Eating butter while hanging out on the slide (the only reason I let him do this is to get a funny picture --- but he does love butter!)
Mowing with Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment