Noah's Ice Cream Party!

June 12, 2011
I decided that the theme for Noah's party would be Ice Cream this year since he does really love ice cream even though he doesn't really eat it that much. Anyway, it was a fun theme and he loved it! Hunter and I spent 2 days making all the decorations, whipping up several batches of homemade ice cream, baking cupcakes, making cake pops, cleaning up the backyard, and cleaning house. Hunter even made an Ice Cream Cone pinata all by herself! It was a little exhausting for me...probably too much for being 37 weeks pregnant. I kept saying I was going to keep it simple but somehow that never works out for me. I get too carried away because I REALLY like to plan the parties and decorate!

Everything turned out really great! Kelsey made the cake and the most amazing sugar cookies I have ever had! I'm still getting messages from people about those cookies. I had them wrapped up as favors (which usually people ignore) but not this time! No one would leave without their cookie! I'd be trying to tell people bye and all they would say is "Where are the cookies?" I only had about 3 left out of a huge batch. The ice cream was also a huge hit with everyone. I made vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry-raspberry flavors. We also set up a toppings bar which made the kids all crazy. I don't think I had any ice cream left over at all. The cake was awesome too but unfortunately it completely melted on the table. It was like over a hundred degrees in that house with all of the people and kids running in and out. It really didn't have a chance. We saved what we could but Noah didn't get to blow out candles this year since the cake didn't make it. Not that he cared in the slightest. He had an absolute blast playing with all of the kids and stayed outside the entire time except when he came to eat ice cream and open presents. He was so tired that he even laid down on the slip n slide at one point and wouldn't move. Then he finally got up again after 10 minutes or so and kept right on playing. He went through about 3 outfits during the party. All of the kids were filthy because they would go from the water to the sand box then to ice cream, cupcakes, cookies, then back to the water, and so on. They all had a blast but I'm sure their parents weren't too thrilled. We had so many little kids and people there that the entire day was just a blur for me but it was a total success and probably one of the better parties that we've had. Just watching Noah have so much fun was more than worth all of the effort and I'd do it again it a second. Just gotta top it next year....hmmm....














No comments:

Post a Comment