Happy 2nd Birthday!

June 8, 2011
Noah is now officially the big 2! And big he is! Or at least he thinks so... He had a great birthday week! We started celebrating on the 8th and didn't stop until the 12th after the party was over. He ate horribly. Opened TONS of presents. Slept little. Played a LOT! Perfect week for a 2 year old.

We started off his birthday on Wednesday by getting up early and fighting at breakfast (usual routine) since he didn't want to eat anything, then I let him go outside and play with Zoe for awhile. That's pretty much all he ever wants to do these days which is a little hard for me since it is SO hot. But I made an exception for his birthday and let him do what he wanted. Then we moved onto his room and destroyed that for a awhile. He spent a lot of time trying to ride around on his tiny little toy motorcycle. It was pretty funny! Here are some pics:
Matt wasn't able to be home on his actual birthday so Hunter and I took him to Jump Zone and out for ice cream. I wasn't too sure he would be able to handle Jump Zone yet since the bouncers are really big but he loved every second of it. We took him on a regular slide first to get him started but I think they must grease down everything a few times a day there because that was the fastest slide I've ever seen! Noah flew down that thing and bounced off the ground before I even knew what had happened! I couldn't catch him because I'm so big, so he wasn't too thrilled about that incident but after that he warmed up to the bouncers and the inflatable slides. Once he finally made it down the huge slide (30 foot and VERY fast!) he was hooked! He just kept saying "more slide" and running off to go climb up the thing again. The fact that there were a lot of rowdy big kids around didn't bother him in the slightest. He was a little dare devil! Here are a few pics (my camera battery went dead so I didn't get any good pictures of him on the really big slide).
Then we took him to Cold Stone for ice cream thinking he would be really excited after working up such a sweat in Jump Zone but he really couldn't have cared less. He took about 2 bites then made friends with another little boy in there and they spent a half hour running around the store and screaming. I'm sure the workers were ready for us to leave.

Matt finally got to see Noah a couple of days later so we had another little birthday celebration at home. He got to open all of his cards and presents. He was really into opening things this year but he really liked opening the cards. I'm not sure why but he got really excited about that. His favorite thing was a train track set and he played with it until he went to bed which was when I finally pried it out of his hands and put him down still screaming for his "choo-choo".

Happy Birthday Noah! We love you SOOO much!


No comments:

Post a Comment