Big Changes!


May 2, 2011

We had a really fun (but exhausting!) weekend! My 32nd birthday was on Friday so my mom, Kelsey, Noah and I went out to do some shopping Friday evening for the boys' rooms. I told them what I wanted for my birthday this year was to get both Noah's room and Jakob's room done and organized. We ended up staying out until 11:30 pm on Friday. Noah was a trooper but he was one tired little boy! He always ends up shopping with the girls! We got a ton of new stuff but the biggest purchase was a new toddler bed for Noah. I let him pick it out (sort of). He wasn't too excited about the nice looking wooden beds. He wanted the "buzz" bed! I broke down and got it for him. Although, I didn't put the stickers on it so it's really just a red bed which ended up matching perfectly and looking pretty cute. I did let him get the Toy Story bedding also and he loves it!! He sets in his bed and names all of the characters over and over and over.

Anyway, we spent the entire day on Saturday moving furniture, unpacking boxes, hanging up stuff, and putting things together. Both rooms turned out awesome and I can't wait to do all of the little final touches that will really make them cute.

The first night with Noah in the toddler bed went pretty well. Probably just because he was so exhausted after a busy day. He went down about 9:30 and slept until 4:30 which is when I had to go get into bed with him to get him to go back to sleep. Being 8 months pregnant and trying to fit into a TINY toddler bed with a wild toddler is not really my idea of fun. He didn't go back to sleep until 6:00 am but he slept in until about 9 so I survived. However, the last couple of nights weren't so easy. He wouldn't go lay down in it without me in there, and when I'm in there he doesn't want to sleep. He has ended up staying up until 10:30 pm the last couple of nights and still waking up at 4 every morning. I'm a little exhausted from all of it but I'm sticking with it. My plan is to slowly get him in there earlier and only lay down with him for about 15 minutes to start with then less and less as he gets more used to the new bed. As for him waking up, I'm not too sure what to do about that yet. Maybe just get him up for a few minutes then put him back in it without laying down with him. We'll see! I'll let you know how it goes...

31 weeks pregnant and HUGE!!

Noah in his new bed!



More pictures of the rooms once they are completely done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment