The reason for the season...

April 27, 2011

I don't typically get too deep on here, but in reality that's who I really am, so, I can't help but take a minute to remind everyone why we even celebrate Easter and what that really means for those of us who call ourselves Christians or followers of Christ. I won't rattle on repeating everything we heard a so many times that it ceases to really have much on an impact on us, but I was listening to this song by Downhere today and I just love it. What it says always hits a nerve with me and reminds me how MUCH God loves us even though we are so unworthy. He sent his only Son to become the least for us. To die for us. So that He could be with us. That doesn't even make sense does it. What does that mean to you? Does it even register? Would you give up your child to save someone that didn't even know you or love you? I wouldn't! But that's what God did. That what Jesus did. He chose to become our sin for us because he loved us even when we didn't know him or even want to know him. If you haven't taken the time to get to know him lately, why don't you?

Here's my favorite part of the song:

How many kings stepped down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
How many gods have poured out their hearts to romance a world that is torn all apart?
How many father's gave up their sons for me?
Only one did that for me.

God gave me everything I have. I am eternally thankful. And that's why I am free to enjoy my life and have some fun on Easter. Enjoy these fun pictures from Easter morning. Noah got lots of present from Grandma and Grandpa and loved every one of them.


This is random but funny! Bath time with Aunt C before church!



No comments:

Post a Comment