Jakob Dawes Bradshaw

April 21, 2011

Yes, that is now officially his name. Matt and I switched roles this time and he was (sort of) in charge of picking the first name while I got to choose the middle name. We both got to veto anything we didn't like though to be fair. Jakob was one of Matt's favorites from the beginning but I wasn't completely on board with it at first. When we decided to spell it with a K instead of C I decided that I did really like it after all. Dawes is a family name. It was my PaPa's (Dad's dad) middle name and I have always really liked it and wanted to use it for a baby. The only stipulation with this name is that we never, EVER call him J.D., I despise that! I have already threatened Matt and pretty much everyone else, so just keep that in mind ;)

I had to have another ultrasound this week to check on a blood vein in the placenta. They thought that it may be a little weird looking so they wanted to check it again. I was a little worried at first but my Dr. is just SO laid back she totally blew it off so I was just excited to see the little one again. Everything turned out to be just fine and Jakob is right on track with everything. His heartbeat is always around 150 or so and he weighs about 3.5 pounds and is 18 inches long. He was a little harder to see than Noah and his head is already very very low. I already knew that though since I have to pee 6 million times a day. A lady at Kohl's came up to me and said "You're having a boy!" I was like "Yes, but is it that obvious??" She said "Oh yes!!" Very, very low baby! However, I am still getting the vapors as they said in the old days. Breathing is becoming a challenge already. 10 more weeks???

Sweet baby face

This was the best profile shot they could get since his head is so low.

No comments:

Post a Comment