22 Months Old

April 8, 2011

We are officially on the downhill slide with Noah about to turn 2 and me in my third trimester already. Both kiddos are doing great and we are praying for a healthy, full-term baby boy. Noah still isn't really aware of the new baby's existence yet but he will be soon! We are in the process of moving baby furniture around so that Noah can get his new toddler bed and the baby can have his crib. I'm a little nervous about the transition so we will see how that one goes over. I'm also getting geared up for another run at potty training. I'm going to officially start trying with Noah as soon as Mother's Day Out is over for the summer so he'll be home everyday. If it doesn't go well, we will try again after the baby is a few months old. I don't want to overwhelm him with too much new stuff all at once.

Noah is really starting to develop a preference for certain things and he knows what he wants and doesn't really settle for less. He's always been determined, stubborn, willful, and pretty much his own little person since I can remember but lately he is getting VERY assertive. He loves to watch certain shows at certain times of the day. He watches OETA in the mornings until Sesame Street is over, then he either watches Itsy Bitsy Spider (a sesame street episode) or "buzz" aka Toy Story 1, 2, or 3 in the afternoons while he has his snack. Then at night we have to lay in mommy's bed and watch "mel-mo" (which is specifically Elmo in Grouchland). If you haven't seen those, I could probably act out all of them for you from start to finish no problem.

He has started doing little hand signs for certain things also. He can say the words but for some reason "itsy bitsy spider" is doing the motions for the spider crawling up the waterspout, spoon is saying "spoon" while doing a stirring motion in mid air, drawing is "draw" while doing the same stirring motion, and all done is saying "done" while putting both hands up like "I don't know". All done is a favorite while I'm trying to get some food shoved in his mouth since he HATES eating. He does "all done" the entire time and screams when he realizes I'm not falling for it.

Other things he is particular about are the books we read and the music we listen to in the car. I'm really really glad he is finally starting to like reading books but we only read a few of them. His favorite by far is the very hungry caterpillar. Although, he really only likes the page where the caterpillar eats all of the junk then feels sick. He flips to that page and we read it about 10 times. In the car, he only likes to listen to The Itsy Bitsy Spider (of course) and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Everytime he hears them he yells "YEA!!!" and claps his hands then when it's over he starts yelling "MORE" "MORE "MORE" over and over until it starts again. He can do all of the hand actions with Itsy Bitsy Spider but I have yet to get it on video because he refuses to perform for me....ever!

He got this out of the bag from Braums on the way home and this is what I found when I went to get him out of the car seat. I thought he was being awfully good and quiet....

I thought this was really cute so I got the camera out. Then about 2 seconds after this picture he proceeded to poop all over the floor!
29 weeks along --- I always look less huge when I take the pictures myself :) Baby is now around 17 inches long and weighs almost 3 pounds. He is starting to fatten up now so my belly will probably double in size as he gains another 3 to 5 pounds in the next 10 weeks. This week his permanent teeth are forming behind the baby teeth buds that formed weeks ago. Hoping for some straight teeth!!
Going to school! He loves his backpack!


No comments:

Post a Comment