21 Months Old

March 10, 2011

I'm playing catch up with my blog (again!!) but I will get there hopefully this week so stay tuned! Right now (4/26/11) Noah is almost 23 months and I'm 30 weeks pregnant, but I'll have to break it up into several blogs to get there because I just have way too many pictures and stories to cram it all into one so bear with me.

21 Months Old/24 Weeks Pregnant:

Noah is still growing like a weed and changing every single day. We are getting closer and closer to the two year mark and I find myself saying that is he almost 2 instead of 1 when someone asks how old he is. I really think the second year went by even faster than the first, if that's even possible. Some new things he is learning are drawing shapes (he's really good at circles and not much else yet), saying "no-no" to me when I get on to him for trying to kick me, finding all the pictures of daddy (and daddy's stuff) and telling me it's daddy or daddy's stuff. It's funny because I can tell him no a million times and he pretty much ignores me unless I use my really mean voice, but if I tell him that something is daddy's then he won't bother it at all. Who knows... So, I end up telling him that everything he's not allowed to play with is daddy's and it works without me having to yell at him. He loves to open doors now and will let Max and Zoe outside for me when asked. So far we haven't had any incidents with him trying to go outside by himself but I'm sure that's not too far away. Thank goodness for the chime on the alarm so I always know if a door is being opened. He is great at obeying commands now and will go get/do pretty much anything I ask him. My phone was ringing the other day and I couldn't find it so under my breath I said, "Where's my phone" and Noah was standing there. He turned and ran off then comes running back holding the ringing phone. I was very proud of him even though he was probably the one who hid it. Another funny thing he did out at grandma and grandpa's house was hide one of grandpa's pegs to his guitar. My dad looked everywhere for that thing and could not find it. He couldn't play the guitar without the peg for the string. I kept telling them that Noah knew where it was and if they would ask him to find it, he would. I kept asking him and sure enough, a few hours later, he came running into the room with the peg. You think he doesn't know what he's doing but he does. He remembers everything!!

He is finally starting to really improve in the talking area. A few of his favorite words right now are "no", "yes", and "baby". He has no clue we are having another baby but he loves to point out other babies to me and say "baby" as loud as he can. Hopefully, he will be that excited when his baby brother gets here!

Speaking of the new baby... I am now 24 weeks along and doing great. I feel great for now but I know from experience that it won't last too much longer. My belly is probably getting close to the same size it was when I HAD Noah so I can't imagine what I'm going to look/feel like by the end of this one. The baby is now weighing in at a little over a pound and about 8.5 inches long. He is gaining weight at about 6 ounces a week and can now hear pretty much everything that goes on around me. I'm sure Noah's constant screaming is one of the most familiar sounds to him now. It's almost like he already knows Noah. He always gets excited and starts kicking and moving around when Noah's talking or being loud.

Eating ice cream with the neighborhood girls
Finally getting some good outside time since it's been so nice lately (he's telling me to turn the water on and pointing at the outside faucet)
Cleaning up the bowl for mommy!


No comments:

Post a Comment