New baby things

March 1, 2011

I am beginning the 23rd week of pregnancy this week. I can feel the baby moving around like crazy. He is an active one!! I keep saying that I hope this one is a calm, laid-back baby so I'll have a bit of sanity since Noah is such a fireball. BUT, I have a feeling I'm just going to have 2 crazy kiddos. That's alright with me. I already know how to deal with it...I've had a lot of experience already with Matt, Noah, and now another one. In case you're wondering...they get it from Matt :)

This baby is also very very low just like Noah was, which means that I can breathe great but I have to go the bathroom every 2 seconds again. It doesn't sound like a big deal but it really is annoying and takes a ton of time out of the day. Also, long trips in the car are out for now. I feel for people that deal with this all of the time.

Here are some belly pics (I had to take them myself so I couldn't get everything in one shot - Matt took some but they were pretty terrible looking so these will work)
So, I've been thinking about what all we need to get for this baby (which thankfully isn't much since it's a boy and his birthday will be right next to Noah's). The problem is that everything we need is something expensive. We have to have another video monitor. I can't even imagine how people manage without one. I thought about just moving Noah's over and getting him a sound one but we are about to move him to a toddler bed so I need to see if he's actually staying in it. We are also going to need a new stroller for 2 babies. Noah can't walk by himself yet (he can but he doesn't pay attention) and I can't push 2 strollers. We take a lot of walks and go to the park all the time. We have to have one. The rest is just a few new decorations for the nursery and a ceiling fan. Other than that we are good. Noah stuff is in great shape and we always had so much stuff with him that a lot of it barely got used. I can't wait to unpack it all and get it out for the new baby!

We are planning on decorating the nursery with old fashioned war-type airplanes. The inspiration was from this picture that Matt has had for along time but I never liked anywhere else in our house. It's actually really perfect! I made some bedding to go along with it that turned out great! I spent $20 on fabric and made a bumper pad, bed skirt, curtains, and some other random stuff out of it. It is SO much cuter than anything we could've bought and I had fun doing it. Here are some pics (more when the room is finished):

Picture
Bumper Pad
Bedskirt

1 comment:

  1. OMG, you are soooo NOT big! I was HUGE at 23 weeks; you do not even compare! You are NOT huge! You look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete