My Little Explorer

April 26, 2010
Noah has quickly become an expert explorer and nothing escapes his attention. He sees and hears absolutely everything around him and wants to go sees what it is (and how it tastes). His favorite things to get into at the moment are the dog food bowl, bathroom drawers and cabinets, door stops, cords, and trying to open the outside doors. He loves to go pull the door stops because of the sound they make. It's really funny what they figure out how to do.

He big thing this past week has been shaking his head no when he doesn't want something. I didn't even remotely try to teach him this and I'm pretty sure that I've never even done it around him but he sure knows how to do it and when to do it. Mostly it's when he's eating and he doesn't want another bite or if I pick him up while he's playing. Other things I've been trying to teach him for months he still doesn't do, like clapping. I just want the kid to clap!! Is that too much to ask? :)

Other things he has learned this week are pointing (sort of) at things, putting lids on his bowls (this is his new favorite thing and always keeps him happy), stacking his blocks, catching and throwing balls, coloring a little (he tries to eat the crayons but can sort of rub them on the paper - he knows what to do with them but won't really do it), taking the magnets off the fridge and sticking them back on, and, finally, taking his toys in and out of things. He really loves to fill up his dump truck with toys then pull them all back out and start over.

So this week I've really been trying to cut back on the baby food. He only gets baby food fruit for breakfast with his cereal, then for lunch and dinner we eat the same thing. He loves his big boy food and gobbles it up although this it MUCH messier than the baby food. I could control the mess with that but now he's all over the place playing with the food and throwing it everywhere. He actually does end up eating most of it even though it takes awhile. He's doing great with this transition and I'm so proud of him. His favorite is bread and can eat a whole piece by himself but I don't usually let him. Other things he really likes are avocado, cheese, fruit, fish, and chicken. He still loves veggies and eats them up. I'm so glad! I really hope he doesn't turn into a picky eater. I told Matt we need to take him for sushi now and sees how he likes it (nothing raw don't worry). He is still nursing 4 times a day and I think we are good now and can make it a couple more months. He's doing much better with it now that I switched to nursing him in the bedroom with the lights off. He just gets SO distracted that he wasn't nursing at all if he heard/saw anything. I'm glad that we're over the hump but will really miss nursing when it's over. It's been so great and I'm so glad that I stuck it out because not only is he getting the best food and nutrition, we've also got a VERY strong bond between us and I'm sure that nursing played a huge roll in that. I'm so blessed to have spent this time with Noah and that nursing worked out for us.

This is getting long but one more quick thing. We took Noah to his first Arts Festival this past weekend. He really liked getting out and seeing all the people but it was REALLY windy and cold so we didn't get to stay very long. The highlight of the trip was when I was eating my Indian Taco and he reached up and grabbed my plate and the entire thing ended up on top of him. Too bad I didn't get pictures of that but the mess was ridiculous!

Riding the train with Daddy
Chillin in the dump truck
Chowing down on bread
Having fun at the Arts Festival

1 comment:

  1. Noah looks soo big in that first picture!! It sure goes by sooo fast!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete