How many weeks old now??

March 22, 2010
Whew! This week has been crazy and I just realized that I missed my weekly blog entry last week so this one will have to cover the last two weeks. They have been busy, so this could get really long!

Well, Noah is doing great as usual. Growing so fast and getting more beautiful every single day. I hate to say beautiful for a boy but he is! We can't go anywhere without a dozen people drooling over how cute he is. It may sound like I'm bragging but I take no credit for this. I'm totally humbled that God would entrust me with this precious child and He gets all the credit. We have been doing tons of stuff lately. Let's see... We've been shopping a few times for Easter outfits and wedding dresses. Noah went along for the ride and did great! He had tons of fun with his aunts and was a perfect angel the whole time. He is a handful but I can't really complain. He is such a GOOD baby. I can take him anywhere, anytime and he is totally happy. He is pretty much just happy all the time. He smiles at everyone, talks to everyone, and even reached for the lady checking me out at Lowe's today. She held him while she checked me out. Very friendly baby!

He is still very, very active. He always has been and he is never still. Not even for a second. At the end of every day, I feel like I've been inside a friendly little tornado all day and I'm totally exhausted but happy! Our house is a destruction area pretty much all the time. He is into everything. I knew it was coming but it's pretty bad. So far he's been in the dog food, dog water, ripped up books, smeared up the TV screen, picked up dead bugs in the sliding glass door, gotten into drawers, smashed his fingers, bumped his head, scratched his face, and that's just what I can remember over the last couple of days.

He talks SO much now. If he's awake, he's talking. He is very, very close to saying some real words. The other day Matt was holding him and he very clearly said, "Mom". Not mama, but mom. We both looked at each other and said, "did he just say mom?" He hasn't done it again so I'm not sure it wasn't just a coincidence. We'll see! Hopefully we'll be hearing some real words soon! When he talks, he is very serious. He really has a lot to say. He holds up things he's playing with and tells me all about it. He uses all kinds of sounds and strings them together to make little baby sentences. I just talk right back to him so maybe he's picking something up.

He knows what a lot of words mean though. New words that he's really good at recognizing are sleepy, pick it up, no (although he doesn't stop what he's doing), open, and shut. He's really into opening and shutting things. His favorite is the microwave door. He loves that! He also loves sticking his hand in my water, sloshing it around, and then slinging water everywhere. Very fun! Another fun thing he does is pull my glasses/sunglasses off my face then try to put them back on me. I've learned to shut my eyes quickly so they don't get poked out.

He is now cruising pretty well and goes around the entire perimeter of the crib while he's supposed to be sleeping (which he doesn't do so well anymore now that he can stand in the crib). He is definitely close to walking. We are still a couple months away but he's getting there. He pulls up on everything around him and then plops down on his butt. This is when most of the head bumps occur. He really likes to put all his toys under the coffee table then crawl in after them. He usually bumps his head a few times doing that also. It doesn't really phase him any. Most of the time he doesn't even notice. He's way too busy for that!

He has also been trying lots of new food lately. At his nine month check up, the doctor said it was fine to start more regular food so I've been trying to do that slowly. He's had mashed potatoes, cake (oops), macaroni and cheese, little bits of my sandwich, guacamole, and scrambled eggs. He likes everything but gags a little on chunks that are too big for him. He HATES the stage 3 baby food with meat in it so we've avoided that. He really loves the real stuff! Much better than the baby food. I'm really ready for him to be able to eat how we eat, but it's already getting easier.

Okay, I'll stop I guess. I warned you!

Little Stinker!
Cake Kelsey and I made for Dad's birthday
Noah and Daddy playing baseball
Playing in Daddy's guitar case

No comments:

Post a Comment