Baby Einstein

Okay, so I know that the Baby Einstein videos get a bad rep for encouraging lots of TV watching and some argue that they don't really teach anything. They say babies don't learn anything from them so they're not worth the TV time. BUT, I will argue all day that they are GREAT! Noah loves them. I love them. He happily watches a short 20 minute video a couple of times a day which helps me tremendously. I will say that even though he likes them I never really expected him to get much out of them. BUT, I was wrong!!

I have been working with Noah on clapping for months now with no progress. He likes when I clap but can't figure it out for himself. Mom told me last week while she was watching him that he was clapping along with one of his videos. I believed her but thought maybe it was just a coincidence. That he was just moving his arms around or something. However, yesterday I was walking around holding him and he caught sight of the TV and the movements video was on and they were singing "If You're Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands" and he immediately started clapping with the video. He did it again this morning at the same part. He only claps with that song. He won't do it if I try to get him to or sing the song to him. Only with the video.

So there, I've said my piece on Baby Einstein. We will always use them and I highly recommend them to anyone with babies and toddlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment