Already 8 Months Old

February 8, 2010

My baby turned 8 months old on Monday. I can't believe how big he is now. Everything is going by so fast but he just gets more fun and more cute every single day. I absolutely adore him and can't even imagine my life without him. Having a baby is a lot of work but nothing has been or will ever be more worthy of my time and effort. I love my little stinker SO SO much!!

This week he finally got his top tooth pushed through. It's been a long time coming but it's finally here! Now he can really bite me hard! It hurts, I'm not gonna lie, but he doesn't understand that yet and just chomps away on just about anything that gets near his mouth. I try not to scare him by freaking out so I just calmly say, "Noah don't bite mommy" and he smiles at me and that distracts him.

He's also getting a little better everyday at the crawling thing. He is slowly getting more brave about trying to move forward. I like to put toys in front of him and tell him to go get them. He reaches for them so hard and gets really frustrated when he can't get them, so he launches himself forward and lands on his face. He can move a little bit forward on his hands and knees by doing this but he usually ends up resorting to rolling towards it. Any day now I expect him to catch on. I'm excited but pretty nervous about having a mobile baby. He's already in everything within reach and we are NOT prepared for him to be able to get in everything around the house.

He's learned a few new tricks this week. He gives me a bite of his cracker if I say, "give mommy a bite" and open my mouth. He reaches towards me and shoves the cracker in my mouth, pretty rough sometimes, but it's really cute! He still loves playing with Zoe and Max and tries to play fetch with Zoe. He doesn't really understand but you can see his mind working trying to figure out what she wants. He just laughs and laughs at them. He LOVES when Zoe growls at me when we're playing! He's just so rough already and the harder we play the more he likes it. We had a couple of "playdates" this week with my cousins kids and Braydon and one of his friends. Noah really enjoys other kids and watches them so intently. I put him down on the floor both times and he happily played with them for over an hour each time. I was surprised that he liked the older kids so much but he did. I though he might be a little scared of them but he wasn't at all.

He's still having a lot of separation anxiety with me but I'm just trying to enjoy it. I know the day will come when I'll be lucky to get a few minutes with him and I'll miss these days when he only wants to be with me. I'm trying not to give in to it every time but it's hard. Usually once I'm out of his sight he calms down after a few minutes. It's mainly when he sees me that he gets worked up.

Rolled/scooted under the couch all by himself!

Feeding mommy his cracker

Hanging out with Aunt B

No comments:

Post a Comment