Almost 7 months old...

January 6, 2009

Noah is now nearly 7 months old and time is flying! He is doing so many new things now that I had to start keeping a list on the fridge so I wouldn't forget stuff for the blog updates. So here is my grocery list of Noah's latest tricks...

Finding and playing with tags/zippers/strings on everything he gets his hands on
Turning things upside down as soon as he gets it to inspect the bottom
Drinking out of an adult cup (he's not a fan of sippy's and only wants what I have)
Transitioning to a big boy carseat
He's starting waving and clapping (although it's still hard to tell what he is doing unless you know him)
Immediately pulls off his hats, bibs, and diaper as soon as I get them on him
Spitting up WAY less (thank goodness!)
Growls
Babbles (mostly when he's mad at me)
Pulling his knees up when he's on his stomach and trying to scoot
Smacks at me when he sees me eating and wants my food (we've tried a few things but he mostly gags)
Learning that different toys are played with different ways

I'd like to expand on the last one, because it's the most impressive I think. He has this drum that he got for Christmas and up till now he mostly just grabs everything and puts it in his mouth. BUT, last night he was playing with his drum and he starting banging on it very purposefully. He knew! I got a video but I'll have to post it later. It was AMAZING! Now I've noticed him doing all sorts of different things with all his toys. Wow! Their little brains are so mind-blowing!

Now, the next big thing he's done this week. He has finally started sleeping in his own room. Yea! He had been sleeping terrible at night for about the last month which is very unusual for him. He has always been a great sleeper at night. So, finally it occurred to me that he is probably ready to move to his own room because I was waking him up by moving around and what not. I was prepared for about a week of crying and fighting but I'm glad to report that he has done wonderful since we moved him. The first night I put him in his crib around 8:30 and he cried for about 30 min then fell asleep and didn't get up until 7am. Then the next night about the same but he only cried for about 15 min or so. He is definitely getting the hang of it and puts himself to sleep almost immediately. I have been trying to do the same with his naps and he is doing great with that too. A little more crying during the day but only about 10 to 15 min. Not too bad. It's a huge relief to know that I can just put him in his crib and he will go to sleep on his own. No more fighting with him hopefully! Last night he did wake up at about 3am and I was like, "Oh, great! Here we go again!" But, when I looked at the monitor I discovered that he had rolled over on his stomach and his head was wedged against the side of the crib. I went in and flipped him over, and he went back to sleep almost immediately. Success!


Trying to take off his diaper


New ambulance from Daddy


First time at the Library

No comments:

Post a Comment