7 Months Old

January 11, 2010

While I was waiting for my pictures to upload, I was trying to think of a new way to start my blog. I thought of, "I can't believe how big"...wait, nope I already did that, or "noah is officially 7 months"...nope already did that too, several times. So, I just went with the all-natural thought process paragraph. Honesty is always the best policy right...when you can't think of anything new to say, just say "I can't think of anything new to say." ANYWAY...we digress...

Noah is doing tons of new stuff, as usual. Most of it revolves around food, eating, and drinking (hence the pictures). As far as food goes, he now gets to eat pretty much what we eat but I have to grind it up in the magic bullet (which I LOVE). And, I've been letting him munch on some rice crackers, bananas, apples, and carrot sticks. He really likes it but I have to watch him pretty close. He did really good with the crackers the first time he had one. He just sucked on it and nibbled a little but got it down without an incident. BUT the second one he had it all figured out. He bit down hard and got several big chunks in his mouth before I even knew what he was doing. Then he gagged, so I panicked and dug it all out in a split second. He was fine but we're taking it easy on the crackers for now. He really likes carrot sticks to chew on, and they work for me cause he can't bite through them, though he does try. You're probably wondering why I even bother giving him these things. It's because he's very, umm, determined. He REALLY wants to eat what I'm eating and everytime I eat he crys for something. So, I thought something to chew on would help. He does the same thing with drinking. He absolutely REFUSES to drink anything out of a bottle, sippy cup, and anything that resembles something that a baby should drink out of, and, instead, he wants to drink out of my cup. Everytime I take a drink in front of him he screams for a drink. He will actually drink quite a bit out of my glass. He grabs all my glasses out of my hands and I can barely control him anymore. I now know the true meaning of "you can't take your eyes off them for a second." Sometimes he does things so quickly that I'm covered in food or a drink before I even realize that he's reached for it.

He is still nursing but not that interested in it anymore. Although, I'm scared to stop anytime soon because he won't drink out of anything else. I don't know what I'll do if he doesn't figure something out. He's still doing great so I guess I won't worry about it too much yet. I just don't want to be nursing a 15 month old because he won't drink.


He's doing great on sleeping at night and his naps. He takes 3 naps a day now at 9:30, 1:00, and 5:30. Then, goes to bed around 8:30. He sleeps until 7:30 the next morning then we start over. It's great being able to just put him in his crib for naps now. No more 3 ring circus trying to get him to sleep! It's SO much easier! He's still not easy but much better. Sometimes he still cries for up to 30 min at naptime but he's getting the hang of it.

His favorite things to do right now are chewing on everything, playing with Max and Zoe, pulling my glasses off my face, reading books, grabbing everything he sees whether he can reach it or not, watching baby einstein DVD's, and playing piano. Yes, I've already started him on the piano and so far he loves it! Yea!

Munching on rice crackers


Feeding himself (he cries when I feed him unless he has a spoon to play with)


Munching on apples (it's in his fist)

No comments:

Post a Comment