32 Weeks Old

January 18, 2010

Well, I thought I'd devote this blog to just how much Noah has grown and changed over the past 7 + months. One of the pictures above was taken a few hours after he was born and the second was taken on his 7 month birthday with the same hat. I forget how tiny he was until I see pictures like this. It's just unreal that he is already that different. Baby time is so fast!! It's hard to keep up! I loved him so much the first time I ever saw him and, if possible, I love him more each day. He is an absolute joy to be around and has brought so much happiness to our lives. I don't know what we ever did without him!

I've been experimenting with taking Noah to the nursery at church since he's SO loud during the service. He's done really great so far. I think he really likes having other babies to play with for a little bit. It's the first time he's really stayed with anyone besides family. He still LOVES everyone so it's a good time to start him in the nursery. He is starting to have a little separation anxiety with his mommy though. He's really attached to me and cries (fake cries) when he can't see me, so I have to show him that I'm still there (he laughs) then I walk away again (cries). I'm trying not to let him think he can cry and I'll come running, but I want him to feel reassured that I'm still there. Hopefully it won't get too bad before he gets over that. He still flirts and smiles at everyone everywhere we go and people just eat it up, so no stranger anxiety yet. He's pretty much the center of attention everywhere we go. He already really likes to smile at girls! Oh no!

He's really into games now so we play I'm gonna get you, patty cake, peek-a-boo, and growling at each other like monsters. He totally cracks up and likes to play over and over. I've noticed that he likes me to do EXACTLY the same thing over and over and if I try to change it up a bit he loses interest. I'm not sure what that is, but I've learned babies don't like change. They get really excited when the know what's going to happen next and then it happens. He also likes to watch the same video over and over and doesn't get as excited if I change it up too much. I thought he would get bored but he likes the repetition much better. It's like seeing a friend I guess. Something recognizable.

He is also now on the verge of crawling. Since he's been sleeping in the crib, he has a lot more time to roll around and push up on his knees. He's getting pretty good at it so I'm pretty sure he'll be all over the place here in a few weeks. He can get up on his hands and feet and also on his forearms and knees, but he hasn't figured out how to go anywhere yet. He gets really mad when a toy is out of reach because he wants to go get it so bad. He can do it very slowly, but he gets really frustrated. He can also now take steps while you hold his hands and support him. He walked all the way around the living room holding my hands today, then stood at the coffee table on his own for a few minutes and played. He's getting very strong but I don't want him too mobile yet.

Other things... He is just about to get his top two front teeth in. I can see them but they haven't poked through yet. He is drooling like crazy but he isn't fussing anymore so I'm guessing they'll be here in a couple of days. He also drank an entire bottle full of water with a little apple juice today. That was a BIG first for him. I've been forcing the bottle on him because he needed a little more water than he was getting and finally he took it. Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment