A year later...

November 23, 2009

Almost Thanksgiving again! Wow! I remember last year on Thanksgiving I told my family that I was pregnant and we were all imagining what it would be like next year with a little baby. Now here we are, a year later, and we are all having so much fun with Noah. It seems like he has grown a ton these past couple of weeks. I can barely carry him around for an extended time anymore. My arms are killing me! He is such a little chunk! I took him to the Dr with me last week and the PA was holding him. She was like, "He's really, umm, stout." Yeah, I know. He's huge.

Hopefully, this means he will be really good at sports, not to mention a very smart kid, and get that full ride to college.


Anyway, he is doing absolutely great! We couldn't be any more blessed than we are. He is so smart, super cute, and so engaged and active. He has learned a new skill --- throwing a temper tantrum when we take a toy away that he wants. It's really funny but it kinda worries me that he is already doing this so much. His favorite right now is this monkey book that my mom got him. He LOVES it! I'm not sure why, but I can barely let him play with it anymore because he gets so worked up about it. It's impossible to get him away from it. Other things he loves: my cell phone, my plate when I'm eating, my jacket, the remote, Max and Zoe, pretty much anything that he's not supposed to play with. He has a ton of toys but all he wants to play with are the things he can't have. Typical.

He's still doing great with his baby food and is over his bottle strike. N
o problems with eating at the moment. He's really loving his cereal and baby food and doesn't have that much interest in nursing anymore. He still does it but it's hard to get him to nurse more than a few minutes. He just wants to play with me.

He is so much fun to play with right now. I am teaching him how to clap and he's almost got it. He knows what I'm saying and he reaches his hands out to clap and spreads out his fingers but he can't quite bang them together by himself yet. He recognized all the songs I sing to him regularly and gets really excited when he hears them. His favorites are ABC's and Jesus Loves Me. He has also learned how to jump and spin in his exersaucer. He really loves that. He is also still really into the Baby Einstein videos. He yells and talks to the animals on the screen the entire time it's on. It's great for the morning when I'm trying to get stuff done. His teeth are coming in and I can see them very clearly now. I'm thinking that there are more on the way soon by the way he acts. He is also very clearly favoring his left side so I'm thinking that we have a lefty on our hands.

All bundled up


First two teeth (this picture was nearly impossible to get)


Fun with Grandma and Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment