Happy Halloween - Part 1

October 28, 2010

Noah had his first Mother's Day Out Halloween party this year. It was really a lot of fun for both of us. I really love watching him interact with other kids. He is just so social that he really needs to be around other kids and people or he isn't happy. Putting him in MDO was the BEST decision. He is doing great in it! Anyway, Noah was Yoda this year for Halloween. Matt and I decided that we were going to make our kids Halloween costumes from now on so this was my first attempt. It actually turned out really cute and fit perfect. Everyone loved it and the best part was that I spent $10 instead of $50.

I showed up for the party about 10 minutes late so they were already making the rounds to all of the classrooms to get their candy. Noah was doing great until he saw me. Then he refused to follow his class and just wanted me to carry me. Plus he was getting distracted by all of the candy in his bucket and wanted to sit down and eat it all. I had to drag him along after his class to keep up but we made it through. Then we sat in his class with all the other kids and he chowed down on his candy. I don't really ever give him candy so I didn't realize how obsessed he was with it. He ate every bit of it that he could. Then he tried to take the other kids candy.

Another candy story...

He made this really cute pumpkin in his class out of paper and it had candy corns on the legs and arms. Well, Matt picked him up that day and told me about it and said that Noah attacked the pumpkin and tried to eat the candy corns off the legs. I laughed and didn't think anything else about it. I hung the pumpkin on the fridge along with everything else he makes, but every single time I would walk by it holding him he would attack the fridge and try to get the candy corns. Needless to say, soon they were completely eaten off the pumpkin (along with a little glue and paper). It was a fight every day. He never forgot about it. Well, fast forward a few more weeks. I went to his class and was talking to his teacher about him and she mentioned the pumpkin. She said that while they were making them he wouldn't stop eating the candy corn so they finally had to hide the bag but he wouldn't stop looking for it. He would track it down then scream for more candy. It must have been pretty bad because she was still talking about it several weeks later. So, long story short, Noah is obsessed with candy. More than normal I'd say....




No comments:

Post a Comment