Playtime!

September 25, 2010

Noah has been really busy doing one thing lately. That is PLAYING! He loves to play! Especially with other kids. We have a big group of neighborhood kids that come over and play with Noah pretty much every evening. I get knocks on my door followed by, "Can Noah come play?". It's starting already and he's only 1. Plus, nearly all of these kids are 6 or over. And they are all girls. I think they just like to pick him up but he loves them. He will hang out and chase them around the yard. The other day we were outside playing with the hose (another of his favorites). I had a sprayer on the end so not much water was coming out and he was soaking himself walking around the yard with it. The gang came over when they saw him outside. Noah spent the next half hour chasing them around the yard with the water hose while they ran around screaming. It was hilarious! A bunch of 6 year old girls running from a baby! He loved it!

Oh that reminds, I taught him something new this week. He loves to go outside and play and will pull me over to the door and bang on it to go outside. We are working on saying "outside" but he hasn't quite got that yet. Anyway, he really enjoys watering the plants and pointing at the flowers. I always pick one for him and he holds it. Well, the other day I was showing him how the flower smelled good and I sniffed it to show him how to smell it. He got it! He took it back from me and sniffed it really hard and laughed. Now he smells everything. It's really funny because he does it so hard. He has sucked a couple of things up his nose, but he thinks it's funny.

Another thing he loves loves loves to play with right now it the TV in our bedroom. Don't ask me why but he is OBSESSED with that thing. If the door is open he will be in there playing with the TV. The on/off button is right in the front so he loves to push it over and over. He will turn it on then come get me to turn on the DVD that he wants. He still is in love with Baby Einstein so he usually watches that. He will talk and talk and point to all the stuff he sees. Then he turns it off, then on, then off, etc... I'm afraid the TV won't last too much longer with Noah around. When he can't play with the TV, he wants the vacuum or the broom. And he knows where they are. I try to hide them but it doesn't work. He takes me over to the door and throws my hand at the doorknob and looks at me, like "you know what I want". All I have to do is shake my head no and he starts screaming, not crying anymore, but screaming. He discovered recently that he can scream extremely loud. He does it all the time over every little thing. This baby knows what he wants!! and he doesn't back down for anything. We are still working on that...

I know I give Noah a hard time for being such a mess but he really is very very sweet. He loves to give us hugs and lots of kisses. He loves to come up and hug our legs, and rub his face on mine. He is very affectionate! He doesn't like to be in trouble because he knows I'm mad. He won't come over to me if I'm mad and he gets really quiet, but once he's out of trouble, I go over and say "give mommy a kiss" and he gets really excited again and gives me lots of kisses. He knows he's in the clear then. Then he's back to his old loud sweet self.

He did this all by himself. Apparently, 5 inches is the optimum viewing distance for the TV.

Tackling Max

I love this video! I've been saying how he loves to tackle Max...here's the proof!

No comments:

Post a Comment