Curious Little Man

April 5, 2010
Noah is into absolutely everything these days. He can't go 5 minutes without bumping his head or smashing a finger in something. He is everywhere! I simply can't keep up with him. He's always been an extremely active child and now that he's very mobile he never stays in one spot for long. His favorite things to do right now are opening and shutting all the cabinet doors, the drawers, and pretty much anything else that could possibly be opened. He really loves books, he always has, but now he just really likes to turn the pages. It's like opening and shutting I guess. While we read he constantly is grabbing and trying to turn the page. I say, "Noah, turn the page" and he does it. He can't really sit through a whole book right now though because once all the pages are turned he's done. He gets distracted SO easily so it's impossible to keep him focused on anything. If he sees something, or if he hears a noise, he wants to go explore it immediately. It's really bad when Matt is home because he just wants to follow daddy around.

It's really hard to nurse him these days because he doesn't want to sit still even to eat. Every noise causes him to start crying because he wants to sit up and see what it is. It's frustrating because I don't want to stop since he can't have milk yet. I'm going to do my best to keep things going as long as possible. I really don't want to buy formula for 2 months. Also, he won't drink formula at all so if he stops nursing I'm not sure what we will do. He's not called little stinker for nothing! He definitely earns it!

He's also now officially saying dada and mama. He says dada more because Matt isn't home as much as I am. So I guess he never has much of a reason to say mama, except when he's mad at me. Then he yells it through the tears. His temper tantrums have also gotten worse so I'm trying to teach him what no means and that crying won't get him his way. It's hard because he doesn't understand but hopefully he will soon. He's just a very determined child and wants what he wants. It sounds like he's really bad but he's not. He's VERY happy all the time and everywhere we go people comment on that and that he's so good. He just WANTS stuff, and when he doesn't get it he's not happy. VERY curious and inquisitive. I'm hoping that means he's really smart!

He's really great at crawling now and goes very fast. He follows me, Max, and Zoe around all the time and would rather be on the ground than have me holding him. He pulls up on everything in sight. He loves to pull up on the TV stand and bang the TV. Our TV is a mess! Little fingerprints all over it. That's one thing I'm trying to tell him no on.

One really cute thing that he's started doing this week is once he pulls up on something he can now reach down and pick up something off the floor or slowly lower himself into a sitting position. It's funny because he first spreads his feet really far apart then slowly lowers his butt down while he's holding on. He's always been scared of getting out of the standing position but not anymore. He's getting much braver! I have a feeling he'll be walking very shortly. He already cruises very easily and is starting to let go of things while standing.
Playing in the sink making a HUGE mess!
Noah's first cell phone (and hopefully the last until he's 16)



No comments:

Post a Comment