Week Number 42

March 30, 2010
You may think I'm a little crazy for still keeping track of how old Noah is by weeks by it's the only way I can keep all of the pictures organized! When you take a hundred pictures a week, it comes in handy to have them all neat and tidy in little weekly folders. We have been doing great this past week. Really enjoying the awesome weather...even if it has been a little (well, a LOT) windy. We've been crazy busy this past week. Noah had a few more firsts this week. He left Oklahoma for the first time, he ate cake almost every night, and there's something else but I can't remember right now.

Well, we took Noah on his first big road trip this Saturday to travel to Dallas for Matt's brother and sister-in-law's baby shower. He didn't really do that great. He was good for about 2 hours then he was done with the car seat. He was extremely fussy for the next 2 hours. It was a VERY long trip. However, once we got to Dallas he was fine and he had a great time hanging out with Matt's family. He loved everyone and was his usual happy self until he got tired. We stayed the night at Matt's brother's house and he actually slept really well in the playpen. As long as he's not in the same room with us he usually does pretty good. I don't have any pictures of the weekend (bummer) because we accidentally left the camera in the car the whole time.

You may be wondering about the cake thing...
We celebrated my sister's birthday earlier this week and he had some cake that night. We had tons of leftovers from that so he snacked a little on that. Then, he had some baby shower cake. So I think he needs a break from the sweets before he gets too addicted.

He's also eating tons of other new things but we're taking it slow still. He doesn't really eat enough on his own so I've still been giving him cereal and a little baby food. He's getting there though. He loves all the new food and gets really excited to eat something new. This week we tried cottage cheese, steak, grapes (cut up of course), and he's been snacking on my toast in the mornings for breakfast. He still gags a lot. He always has for some reason, so I have to watch him pretty close still.

Other new things are just getting better and braver with the standing/cruising thing. He use to get really scared if he was standing and there wasn't enough for him to hold onto but he's actually started letting go of things and standing on his own for a few seconds lately to grab things. I have a feeling that walking isn't too far away now.

He's still a talker and getting close (or maybe already has) to saying his first words. He has a sound that he makes for Matt which sounds a little like Dad. So, I think he's saying Da to get Matt's attention. He does the same thing with me. He says Ma when he wants my attention. Not dada or mama but Da and Ma. He also has a whole slew of over baby sounds he makes. He talks in complete sentences...you just can't tell what on earth he's saying. He definitely understands a LOT of what I say to him now. I can sort of talk to him in complete sentences and he gets it. He LOVES to talk on the phone. To the point where I'm thinking of putting a stop to it because I can't even let him see my phone now because he throws a fit for it. He screams every time I talk on it because he wants it.

Speaking of fits, Noah has become an expert at that. He crys, screams, hits, kicks, and throws his entire body around when he doesn't get what he wants. I'm struggling with it. I'm not really sure what to do because he's too little to really understand why he can't have something. Any suggestions?? I'm game for anything at this point...

Other funny things he's doing lately include biting me. All the time. I guess that's not really funny but you have to see him do it. He gets really really excited like he's just done the coolest thing ever. I can't help but laugh at him. He also does this thing where he drums on my chest really hard when I try to put him to bed. I always hold him for a little bit and we sing. Maybe he's just getting into the song. He does love all his musical instruments and plays with them over just about anything else. He is also starting to dance when he hears music. He bounces all around whether he's standing, crawling, or sitting in the highchair. It's so sweet!

Another long post, sorry! Noah is just doing too many things these days. I could probably go on for awhile longer but I'll give you a break for now :)

Playing in the laundry

He took off his own pants!

Playing the piano. My little Mozart!

Eating scrambled eggs and making a HUGE mess

No comments:

Post a Comment