Noah's Quirks

March 1, 2010

Today I decided to write about all the things Noah does that you can't just find in any baby book. Pretty much everything he does is totally by the book, but he does have tons of little quirks that really show off his little personality. The first of these is the most entertaining by far. He LOVES to play with Max and Zoe, and pretty much any other animal that he sees. I know I've said this before but it is really crazy to watch him play with them. He just gets SO excited and laughs so hard. He doesn't really do this with anything else as much.

Here's an awesome video of him and Zoe playing tug of war with one of his socks that Zoe pulled off:

Another thing he loves to do is play in the curtains or the shower curtain. He's gotten to where he will pull it over his face and then jerk it back, look at me and laugh. It's his version of peek-a-boo. He loves to get all tangled up in them and cries when it's time to stop playing with them. He will happily play with a curtain for around 30 mins or so which is pretty good for him.

He really likes to chew on his fingers, and my fingers, and he has gotten to where he does this weird thing with his middle finger. He tucks it under his thumb and chews on the end of it. He does this ALL THE TIME. At first I thought it was just getting stuck that way, but he does it constantly. It's strange but cute.

Blocks are probably one of his favorite things to play with but only because we stack them up and he can then knock them over. This is one of his favorite activities. I can usually only get them about 3 or 4 high before he gets them. He also loves to play with our coasters and if they are laying with all his other toys he picks them to play with over anything else. They aren't anything special, just black squares but he LOVES them. He throws them almost as soon as they are in his hands and just does it over and over.

He still talks a lot and has a conversation with EVERYONE he sees. When we go to the store he talks to everyone we pass so I meet a lot of new people now everywhere we go. It's so funny how people stop and talk to you when you have a baby. Noah does initiate most of the conversations though. He's really outgoing for a 9 month old and I hope he stays that way. I've never seen him shy away from anyone at all. Especially other babies and kids. He adores them and just gets the biggest smile on his face and starts jabbering away. He's a grabber though so I have to watch him. He grabbed a little boy's arm the other day and stuck his hand in his mouth before I even knew what he was doing.

Lounging in front of the TV full of juice

I can't turn my back for a second!

Isn't this just hideous? I love it! Baby food on the face, eyes half closed, shirt around the neck...

Check out his birth mark on the front of his right ankle. It's getting darker and bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment