Happy Halloween!

November 1, 2009

We had a GREAT first Halloween with Noah. We did more stuff this year for Halloween than I've done in a really long time. I forgot how much fun it is when you're a kid. First, Matt and I took Noah to a Yukon pumpkin patch on Friday night to get a couple more pumpkins to carve. We decided to start a new family tradition and carve one pumpkin each the night before Halloween. It was a lot of fun but really hard! I haven't done that in a long time either and I totally forgot how difficult and messy it is. We couldn't even get the tops cut off with a regular knife so we ended up using an electric jigsaw. Maybe a little dangerous but it worked great! Here's a picture of the finished pumpkins:

Then on Saturday my mom, Abby, Kelsey, my aunt, Kristie, Mum Mum, Mary, and Matthew came over to celebrate Mum Mum's 79th birthday and go trick-or-treating. We had so much fun! We will definitely have to do it again next year. The kids had a blast going trick-or-treating and mom had even more fun handing out candy at the house. I think it was her first time to do that since they have always lived in the country. I took Noah in the stroller along with the other two kids. He really enjoyed himself and liked looking at everyone all dressed up. He was a giraffe this year but he didn't get any candy. We'll save that for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment