A little sick...

September 28, 2009

I've still been sick this week so hopefully Noah will stay healthy. He's great so far. A little coughing but no fever so I haven't taken him to the doctor yet. We haven't been going to church very much since Noah was born, mostly because Matt is usually gone on the weekends and I was scared to take him by myself. So I decided that it was time for us to start going again. Matt wasn't there this weekend but I took him anyway. It was interesting...

We started off pretty good, then he got hungry. So I fed him and thought he would calm down after that and take a nap. Wrong! He got really hyper and excited so I tried to distract him with toys. That just made him louder. He talked/yelled the entire time we were there. I got up and left with him a few times but it didn't help. I couldn't even tell you what the sermon was about. BUT, I'm determined. We'll try again next week.

Matt finally got home this weekend, so we are really happy that he's back. Noah missed him like crazy, and I did too. Two weeks away from each other is way too long!

Noah is continuing to be more and more interactive with us. He really knows our voices now so I can't talk at all when I'm trying to get him to sleep or he wakes up and wants to play. He plays a lot with me while he is nursing so it takes him forever to finish. He likes to look up at me and say a few things, smile, then nurse for a second, then start over. It's pretty funny and I always play with him for a few minutes so I definitely encourage it. He is expert at holding his head up now and can sit up with just a little bit of back support. He is really good at pulling himself into a sitting position holding onto my hands. He also LOVES to stand up. He can push himself into a full standing position and hold it for a couple of minutes if I hold his arms. He HATES to be tickled. He smiles a little at first then his face gets all red and he gives me this look like, "what on earth do you think you're doing?!" He must get that from me because I hate it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment