Big Boy!

October 12, 2009

Noah is now officially 4 months old. He is such a big boy! We went to the doctor today for his 4 month check up. He is doing great on all of his skills and the doctor was very impressed with how well he sleeps at night. He is still doing about 9 hour stretches and gets up around 7 every morning. It's great! I am very blessed with a wonderful little man!
He now weighs in at 15 lbs 11 oz and he is a little over 25 inches long. He's pretty long for his age but his weight is around the 50% mark. It's funny because he is now fully into his 3-6 month clothes but all the arms and legs are a little bit short. He's definitely going to be a tall boy...but I guess he never had much of a chance of being short.

We started him on cereal this week for the first time. He gagged. And Abby and I were both pretty sure that we heard him say "yuck!" Hopefully he will get better. I'm trying to sit him in the highchair and feed him 5 or 6 bite
s with his spoon, then using a cereal bottle for the rest of it. He likes the bottle okay, but not the spoon so much. He just likes to grab it and play with it. He sucks on his fingers so much when I try to feed him with the spoon that it's nearly impossible to get anything in his month. Most of it ends up rubbed all over his face. Last night his eyebrows were completely crusted over with cereal by the time I got done. He does like to sit in his highchair a lot and will play in it in the mornings while I feed the animals and myself.

He is GREAT at holding his toys and playing with them. It's so much easier to keep him entertained now that I can just hand him a toy. He has also started to throw his weight around more. He turns away from me if I'm trying to wipe his face or make him do something he doesn't want to do. He also does little baby crunches trying to sit up when he's done laying down. He doesn't really like his infant seat anymore so I've had to get more creative with him when I need to do som
ething. I started letting him watch a Baby Einstein video for 10 minutes in the morning so I can do some stuff and he actually really likes it. He yells a lot at the screen, especially at the big loud animals. I know he is going to love the zoo when he is old enough to go. He is also really into standing up these days. It's all he wants to do! He loves standing up in front of the mirror and talking to himself. He isn't much interested in sitting up yet but he does get into his bumbo for a little playtime every day. He just gets more fun everyday and we love to hang out with him and watch him explore the world around him. Being a mom is the absolute best!


Noah's first haircut...just kidding. But he does look pretty freaked out!

Noah's first cereal

No comments:

Post a Comment