13 months old

July, 12 2010

I love this picture! He looks so sweet and innocent. Very different from the usual. THIS picture is much more representative of the real Noah:
Holding a bat, trying to hit us, and screaming. That's the baby I know!

It's already been a month since he turned one and still no walking. He's getting a little better at standing on his own but refuses to take a step unless he is firmly holding onto someone's hand. When he wants to go somewhere, he's stands there and yells for us while holding his hand out. It's really cute, but it would be a lot easier if he would just do it on his own. I guess he's just not feeling it yet. A little too scared still.

One new thing that he's discovered is making us lay down on the floor and rolling us while he's crawling along. It's really fun...for him. That's all he wants to do. If you sit on the floor and try to play with him, he just tries to push you over then roll you across the floor. Abby was over the other day and he started pushing her over. She was like, "What is he doing?" So, after I explained it, they spent the next half hour rolling on the floor.

He is also becoming very rough when he plays. I'm sure it's just a boy thing, but the rougher you get with him the more he laughs and has fun. He is hitting, biting, pushing, kicking, just about all the bad behaviors that you can think of. I'm trying to get him to be rough with his toys and not people but it's not working yet. I don't just want to yell at him all the time and constantly tell him "NO" so I'm trying to redirect the behavior. Hopefully he'll get it soon. I'm tired of being hit and bit.

He learned something really cool this week. How to do patty cake! I had no idea that he could do all the hand motions, but I was playing with him and he just started doing it. He claps during the first part, then rolls his hands really fast (that's his favorite part), then throws his arms up at the end. We are so proud! I tried to get it on video but he just gets distracted and wants the camera.

Eating his first popsicle and making a wet, sticky mess!
Wearing his new Harley jacket! It's a little big but he'll be in it by winter time. Thanks Melinda and Markea!! He loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment