11 Months Old!

May 17, 2010
Well, this is the last monthly post before Noah is a year old. This past year has been so fast and so fun and so indescribably awesome that words just don't quite do it justice. Life has gotten more joyful, more worrisome, more hectic, more tiring, and more blessed than I could have ever imagined and I would do it all again in a second. Noah is such a blessing to us and our families. He is becoming quite the little man and he is so his own person now. I love his personality and his quirks. I even love his temper because it is so funny (sometimes). I already see so much of Matt and I in him and have never been prouder of anything else I have ever done.

He isn't really doing anything new lately, just working on walking and talking. We are a little further along in the talking department since he now refuses to walk. He won't walk with us holding his hands anymore or while pushing his train. I guess he figured out how fast he is at crawling and has no interest in walking, or standing for that matter. Every time I try to get him to stand up he screams, throws his arms up (he figured out that I can't hold him up if his arms are up), and kicks his legs as hard as he can. I've said this before - very determined baby. If he doesn't want to do it, he's not doing it. But, I guess that's okay because I already have my hands full with a crawler. He's into everything already, so I'm not too excited about him being able to climb up on stuff.

He's doing great with other skills though. Talking is a big one. He now says Mama, Dada, and baby (I think). He says, "baba" and gets really excited when I say, "baby Noah" in response. He also says a ton of other stuff, just no English. He's very very conversational and will have a complete conversation with me and anyone else that will talk to him. He says something, then he waits for you to talk back, then he talks, and so on. It's really awesome to see this little tiny thing that a few months ago didn't understand anything to be able to do that. He also understands me very well. I can tell him something in a full sentence and he knows what I'm saying. I don't really know how many words he officially understands because I try to talk to him in sentences instead of one word labels. He gets it and I'm really proud of him.

We've had a lot of really terrible weather lately. One tornado was actually visible from my back yard. Kelsey was on her way over to my house since I freak out during storms and Matt was at work. The sirens were going off and she was driving through my neighborhood. I called her because I was in a panic and told her that they just said there was a tornado on the ground in Yukon and she calmly said, "Yeah I think that's the one I just saw. It's right next to your house." Hmm, not a good thing to say to someone who is scared to death of storms. Not to mention that there is NOWHERE in our house that is safe. In the end, we had 1 cat, 3 dogs, 1 baby, and 2 adults under a mattress. Not very fun or safe. The next house will have a cellar.
Visiting my Mum Mum in Stillwater for Mother's Day
Learning how to color - He actually did really well this time and I'd say it was officially his first time coloring because he picked up the crayon and drew on the page quite a bit. He ate the crayons a lot too and threw them. We've still got some practice to do on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment