Noah's First Christmas - Part 1

December 21, 2009


Christmas time is almost here! Yea! We started off celebrating this year by getting Noah's 6 month pictures taken and by sending out his first Christmas card (see proof above). I was a little leary about a naked baby picture on a card, but I couldn't resist. It was just too dang cute! Needless to say, they turned out great! Noah was perfect and smiled a ton this time around. No screaming like last time, thank goodness. Sara did her usual great job! I can't wait to get all the others ordered now.

Also, we have been shopping a few times trying to get everything done before we head out to Sayre. Always a nightmare, but even worse with a baby. Shopping malls and strollers just don't mix! I don't know why so many people do it. I finally just resorted to carrying him around which was way easier. We had to get him a new car seat. He's finally outgrown the infant seat. It makes me a little sad that his baby days are almost over. But, on the other hand, it's a lot of work and I'm exhausted. Speaking of exhaused, have I mentioned that Noah no longer sleeps at night? No idea whats going on. He wakes up anywhere from 3 to 5 every morning and he's UP. This is worse than when he was a newborn. I'm really hoping this phase will pass quickly. I've done absolutely everything I can think of and nothing works.

We also made the trip to Stillwater this year to spend time with Mum-Mum for Christmas. It was hectic but a lot of fun. Pretty much everyone was there this year which hasn't happened in a really long time. Too long. Noah had a lot of fun playing with his cousins. He is really starting too be interested in other kids. He really enjoys interacting with them and loves watching everything they do. Matthew and Noah got into a little fight over a toy Noah got as a present. It was really funny. Matthew is 2 and a half and Noah is 6 months. Matthew wanted the toy and tried to grab it out of Noah's hands. Noah definitely held his own for awhite and they had a little tug of war including some elbowing from both sides. Finally Matthew won...BUT Noah got the better of him in the end. As soon as Matthew turned around once he got the toy, Noah reached up and grabbed a big handful of hair and yanked pretty hard. This is not the kind of behavior I will ever condone, but it was hilarious that he already has that much will power. I was a little proud I have to admit.

Sorry, no Santa Claus pictures this year. The line at the mall was scary long and I think he would just cry anyway so we'll wait on that till he's older. Anyway, hope everyone has a great Christmas! I know we will!

No comments:

Post a Comment