Two Weeks Old

June 22, 2009

Another fun week with Noah! This week was MUCH easier than last week, but Matt had to go back to work this week. Thankfully, I have had lots of family and friends staying with me to help out since I'm still not feeling 100%. We were finally able to put Noah in his swing this week - which he really likes most of the time. He has to be in the mood for it though (he will definitely let you know if he's not). He also started spending some time playing with his crib gym. He doesn't get much out of it yet, but he seems to like staring at everything.

We also celebrated Father's Day this week. Noah gave his daddy his card and spent some time snuggling with him. He always perks up when Matt is around, and obviously loves him a lot already. I can definitely see him being a daddy's boy when he gets a little older. My own dad got to come up for a visit on Father's Day also. He used to HATE coming to the city, but I think that is going to change now that he can see Noah. Both of my parents are very attached to him already.

Noah had a big first this week - we took him out to eat for the first time! We kept it pretty simple. We just went to Johnny Carino's in Yukon because I didn't want to go too far with him yet. He did really good. He just slept the entire time in his car seat. After that I may be more willing to get him out. It still makes me really nervous though since he hasn't had any bottles yet. I really don't want to have to breastfeed him in public.

We also went back to the Dr this week for his 2 week check-up. Everything was perfect! His jaundice is completely gone and he has gained back his birth weight plus a little. He's now up to 7 lbs 8 oz. We were thrilled!







No comments:

Post a Comment