Going Home

June 10, 2009

We were discharged from the hospital on June 10th and we were so happy to finally go home. It had been a long two days! I hadn't even been out of the hospital room since we arrived on Monday. Noah did pretty well while we were in the hospital but he didn't sleep much. I learned newborns aren't always sleepyheads like everyone says they are! He stayed in our room with us most of the time, but I had the nurse take him a couple of times during the night so that I could get a little sleep.

While we were there he was circumcised and had a hearing test (which he passed with flying colors). He also had his first check-up with his doctor. She said he had a lot of mucus in his stomach that was making him gag a lot so he had to have his stomach pumped. Poor baby! He also started to show signs of jaundice on our second day there so we were instructed to keep him in indirect sunlight once we got him home.

He did really good on the ride home. He fell asleep immediately and stayed that way the entire time. It was great to finally be home with Noah. Max (cat) and Zoe (dog) also did really well with the baby. Max just ignored him and Zoe sniffed him a little then just curled up at my feet while I fed him. I was a little worried about them so I was relieved when they did so good.




No comments:

Post a Comment